Quote

"Keep working on a plan. Make no little plans. Make the biggest you can think of, and spend the rest of your life carrying it out." Harry S. Truman

Thursday, December 3, 2009

December is here !

And this calls for a small update, after a longish silent.

Days continue to be too short to allow me to do all that I need to do in a way that would feel comfortable  (translation still due - even though I do now see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel - one more day to go with the outline class, kids taking turns not having school or falling sick, and the usual parade of mundane things such as : preparing meals, cajoling - or not cajoling at all - my older daughter into doing her homework, bath time, night time, all before I can sit again in front of the computer to go back to translating, writing, or trying to wrap my mind around the outlining process ; this last bit calls for a blog post, actually, and one more thing to add on my list of things to do. ) I've had to decline participating in the last two Bollywood dance classes, even though I'm sooo looking forward to doing this. My only recreation is the little time I spend on Facebook. Yeah, exactly, no comment !

Anyway, in the middle of it all, I had the pleasure of being asked to write an essay for the December issue of Paper Tigers which focuses on Religious Diversity in Relation to End-of-Year Celebrations. The title is A Wish for 2010. Do check the Paper Tigers website if you don't already know it. It's a great multicultural resource with a wealth of informations, reviews, interviews, etc...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful essay, Katia! I hope the short days of winter leave you some time for thinking, dreaming and writing.
Sue

Katia said...

Thank you, Sue. I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season.