Quote

"Keep working on a plan. Make no little plans. Make the biggest you can think of, and spend the rest of your life carrying it out." Harry S. Truman

Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm creative !

You Are 69% Creative


You are beyond creative. You are a true artist - even if it's not in the conventional sense of the word.
You love creating for its own sake, and you find yourself quite inspired at times.



I need this kind of reminder at the moment. I'm going through a bad spell. I don't seem to be able to write anything worthy. I write, I read, I delete, I write again, I read again, I delete. I change files, go to another story, write, read, and delete. I think : OK, let's forget this one - a short story I've been trying to turn into a novel for what seems like forever - and go to another one - a chapter novel that's also going around in circles - and then to a new one - but then, the new one is too raw, needs a lot more work, and I'm soooo slow ! - etc, etc.
I'm participating in a writing workshop, it started last week, and I still have not been able to come up with something that I feel is worthy of being shown to others for critique. I'm totally freaking out. Everyone at the workshop has been incredibly supportive - Thank you ! - but I'm still going around in circles. So, I'm going to repeat this as a mantra. I'm creative, I'm creative, I'm creative, I'm creative. See it it works.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Give yourself a break! You're also probably your own worst critic. (My husband tells me that all the time.)

You ARE Creative!