Quote

"Keep working on a plan. Make no little plans. Make the biggest you can think of, and spend the rest of your life carrying it out." Harry S. Truman

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another vignette from Incredible India !

It's been a while since I posted a vignette about India, the land of contrasts ! Here is what I saw, the other day, on a very busy road going from Hyderabad to Secunderabad. Actually, I didn't quite know how to take a picture, as I was in my car, and the traffic was really bad, but then, the man riding that bullock cart had the great idea to turn on a sideroad, and we were able to park and I jumped out.




Need to come closer to believe it ? Here we go :




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Katia,
Thanks for posting this fabulously funny and amazing picture ... only in India! How is everything in Hydrabad? I'm in Uma's class too. I love your blog. Hope to see your work soon.
Cheers,
Nandini

Katia said...

Thanks for visiting, Nandini. And you're right : only in India :)

LindaBudz said...

This is great!

And it reminds me of a Christmas card I received this year at work. It was from our bulk shipping company ... which had just majorly ticked me off because I'd come in on my day off to meet them for a pickup and they never showed up ... and their card arrived, with a photo of a horse-drawn carriage with their name on it. Ah, so that's why they were so slow and inefficient! Interesting choice for a shipping company holiday card!