Quote

"Keep working on a plan. Make no little plans. Make the biggest you can think of, and spend the rest of your life carrying it out." Harry S. Truman

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

This blog is 6 months old !

Already! And I'm so glad I ignored my reservations and went ahead with this project. It's been a lot of fun, and it has also somehow changed the way I look at every day life. As a writer, I tend to look at pretty much everything with a leech's attitude. Let's be honest: that's what writers are like. Everything can be used as fodder for a story. But creating this blog has turned this strong tendency into a way of life. Because I also have a big flaw - well, OK, maybe two or three, but we won't go there, today: I tend to live so much in my mind, in a world of my own making, that I sometimes forget to look at the world around me. Or I look at it, but in a passive way. I still struggle with the "how" and "when" and "ways" to channel all that energy and turn it into stories, but the process is under way. And now, I'm constantly on the alert, because what will not be used for a story can be used for the blog. So, once I got over the first few weeks' anxiety over being able to post something on a regular basis, I really started enjoying this blogging thing. And I've made new friends, too, and I'm sure it's only the beginning. So, happy anniversary!

4 comments:

LindaBudz said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you ignored your reservations, too!

And, thank you for helping me to look at the world in different ways as well!

Katia said...

Thank you, Linda. You are definitely one of the new writer friends I made thanks to this blogging adventure. I love you analytical mind. Hope to meet you outside of the virtual world some day.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your six-month anniversary! I love your blog. And it's interesting that you find it feeds your writing, rather than pulls you away from it.
I can see how it would help you to pay attention more. I have always thought life is just more interesting when I'm writing.
Sue

Katia said...

Hey, Sue, thanks! Of course, it's all a balancing act, and the blogging does eat up a chunk of time, no doubt about that. But I've learned so much, that is makes it all worthwhile. Besides, if I'm going to be totally honest, I don't need the blog to help me procrastinate. So, at least, it's a writing and writers's way of procrastinating, and as such, I see it as a step in the right direction :) Yeah, a bit convoluted, I know.