And before we offer our Tuesday Quizz, I want to tell you the story of the wonderful surprise that the Austin community of children's writers and illustrators reserved for us.
At the beginning of the tour, I sent emails to all my writer friends (and their second cousin twice removed too if I happened to have their email address, I confess) to let them know about our blogging adventure. One of them is the author of "Snuggle Mountain", Lindsey Lane, whom I met at an online workshop taught by Uma Krishnaswami.
You know how people sometimes click in ways hard to define. It just happens. We have never been in the actual presence of each other, we don't write every other day either, but life seems somehow better, more meaningful, just because we now know that special person. Last week, I received an email from Lindsey telling me she wanted to take Amadi to the an SCBWI gathering of Austin children's writers and illustrators at Book People. I didn't quite know what she had in mind, but I was thrilled, of course. Check that link and see for yourselves...
It is now official, next to being held by children, Amadi's Snowman is happiest in the arms of members of our wonderful community. And Amadi, who is reading over my shoulder, as usual, is nodding enthusiastically.
Thank you, Austin writers and illustrators ! You all rock and make me want to move to Austin !
Find below the questions we asked, last week, and the answers:
1. Who is Mrs. Chikodili and what does she do for Amadi? Mrs. Chikodili is a friend of Amadi's mother who wants to teach him how to read, and she buys Amadi the book with the snowman.
2. What Indian dish do the children of Vidyaranya like very much? Paneer Butter Masala (which is very delicious, by the way.)
3. What four major religions of India did the children of Vidyaranya mention? Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism.
And our new set of questions for this week:
1. What is the name of the school we visited in Haiti?
2. In which country does Frantzito, the star of our first video clip, live?
3. What books from a popular series in the U.S. does one child recommend for Amadi?
Continue to email your answers at email@example.com and we'll select a winner at random at the end of the tour.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Read as you taste fruit or savor wine, or enjoy friendship, love or life." Holbrook Jackson
Tomorrow, we return to The Well-Read Child for an interview, and we'll then go to Italy, where three adorable girls have written a letter to Amadi. See you then...