Today, Dimitrea will be the featured illustrator on 7-Imp's 7 Kicks, the Sunday feature on 7 Impossible Things Before Breakfast. So grab your coffee, put your feet up, and check out some vibrant and colorful artwork !
Each week, we ask three trivia questions about one of the countries participating in our blog tour. This week, again, we focus on Amadi's country, Nigeria. Send us your answers at email@example.com. At the end of the month, we'll draw a winner among the participants who gave the right responses, each week, and they'll win a prize.
Questions from last week, and the responses:
1. Find the name of the Nigerian Author, born in an Igbo village, like me, who wrote the novel "Things Fall Apart" (most widely read book in modern African literature.) Chinua Achebe
2. A question about climate : what is the name of the wind that blows from the desert, during the dry season? The harmattan.
3. What are Nigeria's direct neighboring countries? Benin, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
Thank you very much to those who sent us their responses. You can continue to write them in the comment section at the end of this post, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week's trivia:
1. What was the name of the Princess of Zaria, nowadays a province of Nigeria, who lived in the 16th Century, was a famed warrior and the architect of fortification wall which surrounded many cities she had conquered?
2. What is the name of the city state in Northern Nigeria which became an important centre of trade, culture, scholarship and religion during the Middle Ages?
3. What is the name of the Nigerian author who was the first African to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature?
QUOTE OF THE DAY
"A room without books is like a body without a soul." Cicero
Tomorrow, we have a review at Through The Looking Glass, and a discussion/activity at Read These Books and Use Them. See you then.